How to choose a filehosting service to fit your need
A web hosting service that is specifically made to host user files online is known as a file hosting service which can also be referred to as; cloud storage service, online file storage provider, or cyberlocker. In selecting a provider, there are several factors but I can guess you are thinking RATES, and while that is important there are several other factors that should be considered alongside rates. There was no shortage of new businesses looking to cash in on the cloud phenomena by providing their own file hosting services once it reached a critical mass. Consumers benefit from a competitive market with a variety of suppliers because it keeps costs down. But obviously, this also resulted in a few fly-by-night companies showing up on the market, with lax security and dubious intentions, looking to ensnare the gullible.
Therefore, picking the best filehoster is a choice that should not be made hastily. There are hundreds of alternative options in addition to the well-known large brands like Dropbox and Google Drive. Finding the greatest deal while making sure your data is being entrusted to a secure and reputable file hosting firm can be challenging. The following is a step by step guide to finding the perfect file hosting service to suit you:
- Know the types available: There are numerous kinds of file hosting, such as self-hosted file sharing programs like BlueHost and InMotion Hosting and subscription-based services like Google Drive and Dropbox. The quantity, size, type of protection required, and level of control you desire over your data will all influence the type of file hosting that will work best for you.
- Security: This cannot be overemphasized and if a file hoster does not guarantee this in clear terms, then it should not be considered. No one wants to wake up to a blank file or an email informing them of the loss of data. Security can come in different forms; how secured your files are on the platform; how secured is the file hoster from external forces trying to penetrate; how secured is the file hoster in terms of existence (Imagine seeing on the news that Google just shut down Google drive or Pcloud does not exist anymore).
- Storage Space and file size limit: As a rule of thumb this feature should not be thought of only in how much is being provided. It is important to match the value being provided with the worth of the provider. Take for example: Icloud is offering a certain storage space for free. In doing your due diligence, you should research if Apple Inc. (the parent company) can actually measure up with such provision in terms of capacity. Many people jump at the offers of many file hosting service provider because they offer large storage space for free but it might come at a cost which is yet to be unveiled (that is if the cost is not costing you the files itself). The analogy given also goes for the file size limit.
- Rates: Even though this comes first in a lot of people’s measure of gauging the right filehoster to use, it ought not to be so. If you are looking for something temporary, may be this might not be such a big deal. However, if it is long-term, then checking for rates is a necessity. A lot of providers offer up to 15GB for free and they have a huge customer base for such; now you can begin to imagine what their premium plan will look like.
- Additional features: File hosting companies come up with a lot of additional features. This might either be a response to the user’s need or an innovation they believe would be good for all stakeholders (which you are a part of as a user) and put them ahead. Some of these features are not always tech related. Here are a few: Automatic backups, Two-factor authentication, 24/7 phone support, SSL data encryption, Direct download links, Data loss protection, Custom branding, Live chat, Audit trails and lots more. Whatever you finally go for, make sure you are maximizing all the features and if one filehoster is not enough to provide what you need, you may want to consider Multihoster.
Guide to download from filehosts.
- If you haven't already, register an account on neodebrid.com here.
- Log-in to your Neodebrid.com account and go to downloader.
- Paste your link to the downloader.
- Your direct premium download link will be generated in seconds.
- Click on generated download link to download your file.
- You can also use download managers to download your files faster from filehosts
- If you need to download from more hosts, you can browse premium plans.
Premium Link Generator is a service for free users (Users who haven't bought premium service) in which they are asked to post link of the file and in return they get a direct download link with no speed capping and downloading through that link is same as downloading that file from a Premium Account.
Using neodebrid.com with JDownloader
JDownloader is a free and open-source application that will automate downloading online media for you. Neodebrid accounts supports downloading with JDownloader app.
- Register on neodebrid.com and browse premium plans starting at €7.99
- Add your neodebrid login details to JDownloader app.
- Simply, paste your link to Jdownloader app. Downloading will start in few seconds.
Advantages of Neodebrid Premium Link Generator
- One single account to download from +40 filehosts.
- You don't have to buy premium from each filehost seperately.
- Fastest download speeds without limits.
- Easy to use.
- View all supported filehosts